Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Golden Child

Every family has one.

So I said, "No, he's not the Golden Child. You are both Golden to me!" Okay, I yelled it. And it sounded as dumb as it was.

JaZzy had had enough of BigBear's insults, toward me, and toward him. So he got in BigBear's face (figuratively) and told him in so many words that the difference between the two of them was that he (JaZzy) tries to be obedient and do what I ask.

I wanted to intervene, like.. stop a bomb that's already been detinated....like...I had this fire almost put out and then: JaZzy, who had been a spectator, became a player...and spoke a truth.

What do I do with that?

"See? The Golden Child!"

It didn't end pretty.

1 comment:

  1. I remember my oldest son telling the two younger sons this sound advice: "If you just do it Mom's way, life will be a lot easier." He was in high school and they were in middle and elementary school. The advice is still true.

    ReplyDelete